The likelihood of delivering on the sales strategy is greatly increased when a company focuses on being truly customer centric. Obviously this means understanding the customer's business intimately, but it is more than this. It means making sure that everything within the company is geared to 'adding value' to the customer's experience.
It means asking some difficult questions, such as:
- How do we evaluate the experience that customers have when engaging with all parts of our organisation?
- Does the customer feel that our people throughout the business are enabled to take empowered decisions that is of benefit to them, without prejudice to us ?
- How do our organisational structures support, or undermine, the customer engagement?
- Do we demonstrate that we want long term relationships with our customers where we collaborate on growing business together?
- How much does our corporate language reflect a true customer-centric orientation?